If you are doing skeletal animation, you probably want to cross-check your
design with Cal3D ( http://cal3d.sourceforge.net/) and H-Anim
(http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19774-HumanoidAnimation/ ,
the spec is a real slog but somewhere in there is a discussion how they
handle issues like how to bind vertices to bones).

Part of the reason why we need to add the Bone, SkelModel and SkelAnim classes to A3DL is so we have "generic" skeletal animation support. So when I am done we should be able to load .x or .cal3d or whatever else the engine might support.

Let us know how it goes.  Also, this does tie into the question of how to
represent animation in VOS, which is something I was hoping to hold off on
until the next version...  I do have a rough design for animation, though,
so we can talk about it if you are willing to do most of the work.

No dice on holding off ; )  Let me know what you have in mind. i could use all the ideas i can get.

Jason