> >But that's just a second idea I had, not sure yet if it's good or not.
> >
> [...explanation...]

OK that makes sense, though I think it might be a rare vobject that denies
parenting requests? Anyway, we should come up with a test application, like a
game or something, and try things out.

> What I *want* is only the ability to link abstract "worlds" together.
> Like, the pyramid world says that the blocks world is next to it (and
> vice versa, though thats optional imho). Then the client accessing
> the pyramid world will find this link and (assuming enough processing
> power) access the blocks world too, displaying them next to each
> other as intended.
>
> As I said before, this does not necessary involve portals; it is just
> a matter of how you populate the local scene graph of  your browser.

> But I now remember somebody saying that CrystalSpace cannot handle
> hierarchical transforms, so this may actually turn out to be too
> complex to implement after all. Doh!

CS can handle hierarchical scene graphs, but the VOS plugin for CS doesn't yet.
I started working on that (it's pretty much required for VRML to work right),
but haven't finished yet.

One way to do it, once hierarchies are finished, will be to have the blocks
objcets and the pyramids objects be under two root "transform groups" that can
be included in one sector.  (Currently in my half done work, any object3d can
be a
"transform group" but that can easily be changed to a special "transform group"
object.)  And nothing stops those transform group objects from *also* being
new sectors themselves :)   (So there would be three sectors, two of which
happen to just group contents for the third.)

Reed