Am 28.04.2006 um 17:17 schrieb Reed Hedges:

But that's just a second idea I had, not sure yet if it's good or not.

[...explanation...]

OK that makes sense, though I think it might be a rare vobject that denies parenting requests? Anyway, we should come up with a test application, like a
game or something, and try things out.

From the top of my head, I would say a vobject is justified in rejecting new parents when it is supposed to be unique. For example, imagine you just spent a fortnight designing your own individual avatar model. Now some [EMAIL PROTECTED]& comes by and says, "Cool, I want to look like this too". That person just links its own avatar as a parent to your "individual" model property, and nobody can distinguish you from this [EMAIL PROTECTED]& !

[snip]

CS can handle hierarchical scene graphs, but the VOS plugin for CS doesn't yet. I started working on that (it's pretty much required for VRML to work right),
but haven't finished yet.

One way to do it, once hierarchies are finished, will be to have the blocks objcets and the pyramids objects be under two root "transform groups" that can be included in one sector. (Currently in my half done work, any object3d can be a "transform group" but that can easily be changed to a special "transform group" object.) And nothing stops those transform group objects from *also* being new sectors themselves :) (So there would be three sectors, two of which
happen to just group contents for the third.)

Ok, that is an alternative - just creating a meta-world that *contains* the other two, then displaying this instead of one of the individual worlds. The meta-world can also be constructed locally in Ter'angreal when necessary, based on link information as I described.
Ok... I'll just wait for you to finish the hierachical csvosa3dl :-)

Regards,
Karsten Otto