"Now-ish" is a great interpretation of it. The server can't send everyone a
packet every nanosecond.

And I don't think it should 'degrade' to server-client, I think that all
machines should be servers of their own spaces. At least, that's how it
worked out in my head, for my VOS. (And when I really look at TerAngreal and
the other VOS apps, it seems as though such an architecture is easy to set
up. Just bundle the client and the server in a single executable, and fork
the thread when the user wants to share his/her own content, aye?

-Steve