Chad Phillips wrote:

I have a *net4511. *It takes over 7 minutes to boot. I have upgraded the kernel to the stock debian sarge kernel. The board has a USB pcmcia card, USB wireless card and USB webcam. In order to get the wireless card and webcam to work I had to add a lot of stuff. So I am guessing this is not a problem with the stock voyage setup.

Did you connect via serial termin and see where it hangs?
If you have MTA enabled and other stuff which does dns lookups and your dns server is not configured
reachable it takes a lot of time but never 7 minutes.

My wrap with voyage and some kernels takes about 45sec to boot (without ubs stuff etc.)
You are using voyage, right?

The only way is to have a serial console to trace down where it hangs ...

Greeting

Beat

How long does everyone else's board take to boot? Any ideas on where I can look to speed up the boot time?

thanks
chad

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux



_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to