Dave,

I think we would need to be sure that different vpp instances have
different cli-listen socket files, and that vppctl has a mechanism to
address them easily.

I'd suggest a pattern like

"unix { cli-listen /run/vpp.cli-${prefix}.sock"

and

vppctl -p ${prefix}

to be in line with current usage.

Ed

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Dave Wallace <dwallac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marek,
>
> Please check the vpp startup configuration (/etc/vpp/startup.conf) to
> ensure that "unix { cli-listen /run/vpp/cli.sock }" is present.  This is
> the default socket used by the 'c' implementation of vppctl.
>
> I'm going to fix the error message to output the socket file name to make
> this easier to debug.
>
> Thanks,
> -daw-
>
> On 09/06/2017 05:55 AM, Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES
> at Cisco) wrote:
>
> Dave,
>

> please find replies inline.

  • [vpp-dev] Run... Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
    • Re: [vpp... Dave Wallace
      • Re: ... Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
        • ... Dave Wallace
          • ... Ed Warnicke
            • ... Dave Wallace
              • ... Ed Warnicke