Marek,

I don't think you have a local issue.  I think what is happening is that
the instructions for running multiple vpps has changed.

With the advent of the new C vppctl, which is using a different method:

sudo vpp api-segment { prefix vpp1 } unix { cli-listen
/run/vpp/cli.vpp1.sock }

(In the example above I arbitrarily chose the cli-listen socket name... you
can pick whatever you want as long as its unique among the set of vpps you
are running).

Then to address it with vppctl you'd use:

vppctl -s /run/vpp/cli.vpp1.sock

essentially -s is replacing -p.

Please note, the above is based on Wallace's excellent description in this
thread, I have not yet tried it, and would be grateful if you would do so
and tell me if it works :)

Ed

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON
TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <mgrad...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Dave, Ed
>

> with 17.07 I was able to run two vpp instances and connect CLI to them as
> described here:
>
> https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Progressive_VPP_Tutorial#Action:_Run_vpp
>

> So one needed just to specify prefix when starting vpp and vppctl.
>
> There was no need to do any other configuration changes.
>

> With current master (both build locally or using most recent ub16 packages)
>
> it does not work for me.
>

> I also tired explicitly specifying cfg files with different sockets,
>
> Api segments + corresponding vppctl parameters (-p, -s)
>
> + some combinations.
>

> It is possible I have some local issue,
>
> so I would be grateful if you could share config that works for you.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Marek

  • [vpp-dev] Run... Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
    • Re: [vpp... Dave Wallace
      • Re: ... Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
        • ... Dave Wallace
          • ... Ed Warnicke
            • ... Dave Wallace
              • ... Ed Warnicke