From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagb...@gmail.com]
Sent: 7 września 2017 15:39
To: Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
<mgrad...@cisco.com>
Cc: Dave Wallace <dwallac...@gmail.com>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Running CLI against named vpp instance

Marek,

I don't think you have a local issue.  I think what is happening is that the
instructions for running multiple vpps has changed.

With the advent of the new C vppctl, which is using a different method:

sudo vpp api-segment { prefix vpp1 } unix { cli-listen /run/vpp/cli.vpp1.sock }

(In the example above I arbitrarily chose the cli-listen socket name... you can
pick whatever you want as long as its unique among the set of vpps you are
running).

Then to address it with vppctl you'd use:

vppctl -s /run/vpp/cli.vpp1.sock

essentially -s is replacing -p.

Please note, the above is based on Wallace's excellent description in this
thread, I have not yet tried it, and would be grateful if you would do so and
tell me if it works :)

Ed

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON