When two interfaces are in the linux, ping works.

On R740, we have
root@esdn-lab:~/gnxi/perf_testing/r740/vpp# ip a s eno3
4: eno3: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group
default qlen 1000
    link/ether 24:6e:96:b4:b2:06 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.10.10.11/24 scope global eno3
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::266e:96ff:feb4:b206/64 scope link
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
root@esdn-lab:~/gnxi/perf_testing/r740/vpp#

On R230, we have
root@esdn-relay:~/gnxi/perf_testing/r230# ip a s enp6s0f1
5: enp6s0f1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP
group default qlen 1000
    link/ether b4:96:91:23:1e:d6 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.10.10.10/24 scope global enp6s0f1
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::b696:91ff:fe23:1ed6/64 scope link
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
root@esdn-relay:~/gnxi/perf_testing/r230# ping -I enp6s0f1 10.10.10.11
PING 10.10.10.11 (10.10.10.11) from 10.10.10.10 enp6s0f1: 56(84) bytes of
data.
^C
--- 10.10.10.11 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2028ms