Hi Murthy,

Yes it does, although we’re guilty of not having it properly documented.

The message queue used between vpp and a vcl worker can do both mutex/condvar
and eventfd notifications. The former is the default but you can switch to
eventfds by adding to vcl.conf "use-mq-eventfd”. You can then use
vppcom_worker_mqs_epfd to retrieve a vcl worker's epoll fd (it’s an epoll fd
for historic reasons) which you should be able to nest into your own linux
epoll fd.

Note that you’ll also need to force memfd segments for vpp’s message queues,
i.e., session { evt_qs_memfd_seg }, and use the socket transport for binary
api, i.e., in vpp’s startup.conf add "socksvr { /path/to/api.sock }" and in
vcl.conf "api-socket-name /path/to/api.sock”.