Hi Florin,

Thank you very much for the inputs.
These are very difficult to understand unless we go through the code in detail.
Today, Whole day, I was trying to follow your instructions and get this working
by looking at the code as well.
However, I am not fully successful.
Before going further, I would like to get my understanding clear, so that it
will form basis for my debugging.

Here are couple of questions:
1)
==
The message queue used between vpp and a vcl worker can do both mutex/condvar
and eventfd notifications. The former is the default but you can switch to
eventfds by adding to vcl.conf "use-mq-eventfd”. You can then use
vppcom_worker_mqs_epfd to retrieve a vcl worker's epoll fd (it’s an epoll fd
for historic reasons) which you should be able to nest into your own linux
epoll fd.
==
The message queues between VPP and VCL can be present either in "shared memory"
(or) "memfd segments".
For eventfd to work, the queues need to be present in the "memfd segments".
Is this correct understanding ?

2)
==
Note that you’ll also need to force memfd segments for vpp’s message queues,
i.e., session { evt_qs_memfd_seg }, and use the socket transport for binary
api, i.e., in vpp’s startup.conf add "socksvr { /path/to/api.sock }" and in
vcl.conf "api-socket-name /path/to/api.sock”.
==
I didnt understand the reason for moving the binary api to sockets.
Is this due to shm/memfd wont be used at the same time ?

3)
In a nut shell:

VCL-APP  <----Message Queues in MemFD segments ( signalled using eventd )
VCL-APP  <---Binary Api via LinuxDomain

We will have two api clients with this model. One is shared memory client and
other is a socket client.

Is my understanding correct ?
--
Thanks & Regards,