> On 4 Feb 2021, at 18:38, Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at
> Cisco) via lists.fd.io <vrpolak=cisco....@lists.fd.io> wrote:
>

> > we use scapy to create a separate pcap file
>
> We also use Scapy data structures
> to parse packets received from VPP
> to verify they contain the correct values.
> Example: [6].

tshark has an option to output the parse results into PDML, which is XML-like
if not the straight up XML... wonder if that might be an option to use it...

—a

> > we need to use GPLv3 (which is compatible with both).
>
> Only for programs such as VPP test framework
> which link with both GPL (Scapy) and Apache (VPP PAPI).
> But that includes also programs that depend
> on Apache-licensed library only by mistake [7].
>
> Vratko.
>
> [6]
> https://github.com/FDio/vpp/blob/e988726cbfb1b1f618c4034aa16e41364f9c48a2/test/test_ip4.py#L160-L182
> [7]
> https://github.com/FDio/csit/blob/624e580159dc056035d7e962582e86a000f8c3d6/GPL/traffic_scripts/send_ip_check_headers.py#L35

    • ... Paul Vinciguerra
      • ... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via lists.fd.io
        • ... Ole Troan
        • ... Luca Muscariello
      • ... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via lists.fd.io
        • ... Paul Vinciguerra
          • ... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via lists.fd.io
            • ... Andrew Yourtchenko
    • ... Ray Kinsella