Hi Akash,

>From your requirement , keeping vpp support in mind, you shall send the
complete GTPU
>packet from your device which you use to fire packets. The packet shall be
marked with the >exact destination so that it reaches the GTPU Tunnel
created via Phys and the >Decapsulated packet shall egress out via Phys on
which it was received. But I have no idea >how encap comes into picture in
this . Anyways, if you need to mark the packet with the >correct teid,
tteid and make the packet as type GTPU then you shall fire an IP packet to
the >Tunnel so that it is encapsulated and fired out of interface.

Ok let me explain, we are recieve GTPU packets from DU and want to send gtp
packet to the UPF. Now for that our node receives GTP-U packet and send the
GTP-U using tried. The dst ip passed as part of CLI will be going the dest
ip.

So once the packet enter gtpu_input ( i am talking existing GTPU Plugin
code ), it uses the configured tied to match tied in the received packet.
Now does it not strip GTP-U header. ?? This is my understanding. please
correct me if i am wrong/

If strips the GTP-U header we need to put back GTP-U which happens in the
gtpu4-encap ? and send it out on interface.

Or my understanding is totally misplaced ??? then what is the purpose
gtpu4-encap ?

Venu