Am Fr., 16. Juli 2021 um 17:04 Uhr schrieb Venumadhav Josyula <
vjosy...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Akash,
>
> >From your requirement , keeping vpp support in mind, you shall send the
> complete GTPU
> >packet from your device which you use to fire packets. The packet shall
> be marked with the >exact destination so that it reaches the GTPU Tunnel
> created via Phys and the >Decapsulated packet shall egress out via Phys on
> which it was received. But I have no idea >how encap comes into picture in
> this . Anyways, if you need to mark the packet with the >correct teid,
> tteid and make the packet as type GTPU then you shall fire an IP packet to
> the >Tunnel so that it is encapsulated and fired out of interface.
>
> Ok let me explain, we are recieve GTPU packets from DU and want to send
> gtp packet to the UPF. Now for that our node receives GTP-U packet and send
> the GTP-U using tried. The dst ip passed as part of CLI will be going the
> dest ip.

If you are already using an UPF, why don't you use another UPF for this
purpose? The PDR/FAR combination to change TEIDs and destination IPs is not
too hard. If you can write a tool to drive the VPP cli or API, doing the
same with a simple PFCP protocol layer is not too hard.

Shameless plug: in case you want to use a VPP based, Open Source UPF, have
a look at https://github.com/travelping/upg-vpp

Regards
Andreas

So once the packet enter gtpu_input ( i am talking existing GTPU Plugin
> code ), it uses the configured tied to match tied in the received packet.
> Now does it not strip GTP-U header. ?? This is my understanding. please
> correct me if i am wrong/
>
> If strips the GTP-U header we need to put back GTP-U which happens in the
> gtpu4-encap ? and send it out on interface.
>
> Or my understanding is totally misplaced ??? then what is the purpose
> gtpu4-encap ?
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Venu
>

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 20:11, Akash S R <akashsr.akas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Venu,
>>
>> From your requirement , keeping vpp support in mind, you shall send the
>> complete GTPU packet from your device which you use to fire packets. The
>> packet shall be marked with the exact destination so that it reaches the
>> GTPU Tunnel created via Phys and the Decapsulated packet shall egress out
>> via Phys on which it was received. But I have no idea how encap comes into
>> picture in this . Anyways, if you need to mark the packet with the correct
>> teid, tteid and make the packet as type GTPU then you shall fire an IP
>> packet to the Tunnel so that it is encapsulated and fired out of interface.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Akash
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021, 7:46 PM Venumadhav Josyula <vjosy...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Akash,
>>>
>>> Our requirement is simple we will get gtpu packet and send gtpu packet
>>> by properly replacing with proper tied and ip
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--

Andreas Schultz

--

Principal Engineer

t: +49 391 819099-224

------------------------------- enabling your networks
-----------------------------

Travelping GmbH
Roentgenstraße 13
39108 Magdeburg
Germany

t: +49 391 819099-0
f: +49 391 819099-299

e: i...@travelping.com
w: https://www.travelping.com/
Company registration: Amtsgericht Stendal
Managing Director: Holger Winkelmann
Reg. No.: HRB 10578
VAT ID: DE236673780