Hi,

What is performance in this case, CPS? If yes, does nginx proxy only towards
one IP, hence the need for tcp_max_tw_bucket?

You have the option to reduce time wait time in tcp by setting timewait-time in
tcp’s startup.conf stanza. I would not recommend reducing it too much as it can
lead to corruption of data streams whenever connections cannot be gracefully
closed because of lost packets.

If you have more IPs vpp could use on the interface vpp towards your server,
I’d recommend providing them to tcp via: tcp src-address <ip1> - <ipn>