Hi,

That shouldn’t be the issue. Half-opens are on main because connection
establishment needs locks before it sends out a syn packet. Handshakes are not
completed on main but on workers. VPP with one worker + main should be able to
handle 100k+ CPS with warmed up pools.

Long term we’ll switch from main to first worker for syns but again, that’s not
the thing that limits performance in your case. Instead, it’s probably the
number of ports. You should be able to confirm that by testing with multiple
source ips.