Hans Oppermann wrote:

> has anybody tried to modify vtcl in order to generate Perl/Tk code?
> Which vtcl script files have to be modified ?

That would be a great thing.
Since I like coding in perl so much more then tcl/tk.
And I use vtcl since I can't stand to write a GUI when
I can draw one. I would turn out apps at a lighting pace.
As it is the tcl parts slow me down, since I don't use tcl
daily like I use perl.  I can code perl in my sleep.

But I think, that the job would be much harder then you think.
Since tcl stores all the functions as tcl code, the final
code writing function is simply to walk a set of variables
and print there values.   That is pretty close to reality. (right?)

It would be as easy to take the vtcl's tcl code as written by vtcl
and translate that into perl.  Something like a2p, the Awk to Perl
translator, would do the trick.

So I would suggest the general case,  \\ tcl2perl // anyone?
Someone that can write translators better  then I might get
this done, in there sleep.  :)