From: Mark Kvale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> To iron out the rest of the bugs, I think I will have to dive into
> the Tcl core and emulate the parser more directly. Perhaps tcl, like perl,
> is best parsed with the interpreter code itself :)

I suspect you are right <smile>.  However, as I mentioned, there are a
few people who have written parsers - Jacl is a free software implementation
of a Java based parser/interpreter.  There is also at least one
commercial compiler which it is my understanding implements a parser
from scratch.

> There have been few changes in the Tcl syntax recently (namespaces come to
> mind), but there have been lots of changes in details, mostly additional
> commands and additional options to commands. Thus the parser may not need

Since every Tcl extension (and almost every application) adds new commands
or options, that will be a tough point.  It's like trying to parse perl
and needing to account for every module that might ever be defined...
--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-><-