On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Neil Darlow wrote:

> Regarding vTcl's inability to handle multiple files etc.
> perhaps the time has come for an architecture review.
>
> A lot of what Rick perceives as being a useful extension to
> vTcl might be achieved better by introducing objects into
> the construction of vTcl and the applications it generates.

Maybe namespaces would be useful. I haven't used them myself.

> Maybe vTcl 2.x could be built on-top of iTcl and iWidgets
> to provide a more capable environment and extensible widget
> set.

I wouldn't mind if vTcl was written using iTcl, but requiring iTcl to run
apps generated by vTcl might be a barrier for some people in the sense
that it might reduce the number of people who would try installing and
using their app (in the case of openly distributed apps, that is).

I installed vGipsy yesterday but didn't get enough time yet with the
tutorial to form an opinion.

...RickM...