Christian,

 These look like great additions. I like the syntax highlighting. The
 widget tree highlighting is white on grey, though which is hard to see.
 I found one bug with the update which causes errors if you do not
 select File->New before inserting widgets (minor). I would also add a
 preference for image editor so vtcl can still run on windows; it would
 be possible to detect platform and default to gimp on unix and paint
 on windows.

 You need to be careful about the copyrights. It would be appropriate
 now to add a MAINTAINERS file with a list of credits. You cannot modify
 the copyright on any file which I originally authored (this includes the
 startup GIF).

 I would like to fold these (and other) changes into the main source
 base on sourceforge so there is a single point of distribution. Your
 new files do not contain copyright or licensing (GPL) info so I can't
 fold them in in their current form. Please submit diffs against 1.2
 or change the files on your site so I can re-download if you want me
 to merge in the changes.

 Again, this looks like great stuff and I think it adds tremendous
 value to the 1.2 base.

 Stewart