Ben,

Currently the installer doesn't recognize the devices created by the
CCISS driver.  We don't have an HP here with cciss hardware...  I had it
working about a year ago, but never committed the changes because the
machine left before we could do a full regression.

If you are feeling adventurous you could manually install the image.
Boot off of the livecd.  Use fdisk or parted to create a root and config
partition on your drive.  Recursively copy the livecd root filesystem to
the drive.  Finally run grub on that partition and set up the grub
menu.lst file.

Cheers,
Robert.