We have Asus Terminator C3 computers that are currently acting as
standby file servers on Slackware. (In other words, idle 99.999% of the
time)

We may need a VPN solution in the near future to connect our sites, and
I was wondering if it would even be possible to run Vyatta under Vmware
on a 800MHz Via CPU with 256MB ram. (ram can be upgraded, CPU cannot)
I'd like to simply install Vmware Server to (A)keep company data on a
"different" device than the internet facing VPN and to (B)make
installation simple on myself.

I'm talking about under 2 dozen PCs at each site with the two main types
of traffic being telnet-type traffic and voice. Everything will be sent
through the VPN.  My question to the list is this: Is it even worth my
time to test?  If you guys say that the specs are just too low, then I
probably won't bother testing then.  I took a look at hardware
requirements and I think this falls just a little short, but I haven't
had much real world experience with Vyatta, yet.

Thanks,

Beau Walker - CCNA, Linux+