2009/10/22 Andres Riancho <andres.rian...@gmail.com>:
> Sébastien,
>
> 2009/10/22 Sébastien Duquette <ekse...@gmail.com>:
>> I have an improvement suggestion for this check. It is possible to
>> define a custom icon name in the html with the <link rel="shortcut
>> icon"> tag. It would be useful to catch those icons also. Maybe this
>> should be implemented as a grep plugin ?
>
> This improvement needs to be added to the current plugin, I agree. The
> only detail is that the whole plugin must be of the discovery type.
> The thing with grep plugins is that they DO NOT perform any requests
> to the remote web server. Basically, what we need is to add the
> following steps to the current plugin:
>
> - On the first time it is called, request the "/" resource.
> - Parse the possible location of the shortcut icon
> - Request the customized shortcut icon instead of the default one.

Yeah, I should have specified that I meant a separate plugin from this
one. The reason why I suggested to implement this feature as a grep
plugin is because a lot of applications are redirecting the index to
another page with javascript, so I think w3af would miss the tag in
this case. Also, you can have multiple applications on the same web
server.