Taras,
Great job! Please, find my comments inline.
--
Raul Siles
www.raulsiles.com

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Andres Riancho
<andres.rian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Taras,
>
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Taras <naplan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all!
>>
>> I want to say some words about what I do in my branch =)
>
>    Excellent :)
>
>> Simply I'm trying to make more clean and usable layout for our MITM
>> Proxy tool. View for Intercept and history preview must be optimized for
>> window area and purpose.
>>
>> http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Isq2bfVFv30/S56xtos-rnI/AAAAAAAABpA/u4o0CJg8XTM/text3885.png
>
>    I like the all three of them, but I do have one question. The
> "Request" is shown when the request is intercepted, then when the
> response arrives the "Request" dissapears and the "Response" appears,
> right?

[RS] I would add a field to the request in order to clearly specify if
"http" or "https" is being used, and the TCP port involved.
This can go in the top row containing the URL, but please, be sure it
is always there. Eg.- https://domain.com:8088/URI.

Regarding Andrés comments, I think it would be very useful to see the
request associated to a response. To optimize the window space, a
request can be a single window, but a response should contain a tab
(or button) to display the associated request. this way you only see
the response, but an easily see the contents of the request if
interested.

BTW, I'm not sure how you want to manage the area that says GET/POST
payload, but please, if it is going to be used for both, GET and POST
parameters, be sure there is some place where the HTTP method is
specified (it can also use other methods: OPTIONS, HEAD, PUT, etc).

>> I also want to show in response area only one view for body (not raw and
>> HTML). So if we have syntax colorer then we use it. It not - simply show
>> b/w body text.
>
>    I think its a good way of using the restricted screen space. Its
> not thaaaaat common that a user needs to read the response headers
> (compared to the response body).
>
>> In Intercept/manual request view we need to see request and response in
>> same time. Also we have whole window area and can split it.
>
>    Hmmm, are you sure about this? I disagree. We had it like this in
> the past, and it doesn't make much sense.
>
>> I also removed up,down, add and delete header buttons to free space.
>> Now it is in popup menu (As I think these actions are not used oftentimes).
>
>    Ok,
>
>> Furthermore for history preview we can show only raw (headers + body)
>> layout so we will have only 2 tabs: Request and Response.

[RS] Andres suggestion is an option. I would be consistent between the
format used in he Response window and the format for the history
preview, and use the same layout for both: RAW or Body/Headers.