My Epson Stylus 740 printer is currently experiencing some problems of physical nature. When I turn it on the printing block (part with the ink cartridges) moves across the bar and slams its-self back into the side of the printer while making a strange wir noise. As a result it refuses print commands. I have been using ink refills. Would getting new ink cartridges fix the problem (I doubt it).

I'm almost certain I will need to take it somewhere to be fixed but it's worth checking on the list anyway.

Ruben A. Franke