Try either whale oil (I know it is hard to get, but is the best for
printers) or a paste lubricant made for long life, I used to use graphite
powder (as used by locksmiths) or "white grease"(which comes from VCR
service suppliers <westec teknotronics> .

I just found that CRC would dry out to quick, the "white grease" is used in
VCR's and seems to last ~ 10 years, I doubt many printers last that long.

Regards,

Kat.

K.A.Q. Electronics.
Electronic and Software Engineering.