I have the same printer and this problem has occurred 2 or 3 times. It is
caused by a small plastic tab on the carriage mechanism not retracting as it
should. I think its function is to hold the carriage assembly in the little
"house" for transport etc. Normally the tab is retracted, but if it is
sticking up... wham! Sort of like putting a block of cement on a railway
line.

To fix
1. open lid of printer
2. pull ink carriage to left out of the way
3. on the "tracks" you should be able to see a little plastic tab sticking
up
4. push it down. It should click into place
5. turn on printer
Problem solved
Bill