Tobes.
---
Australian University drops Mac support
Thursday, December 12, 2002 @ 1:05pm

The University of Western Australia (UWA), which began teaching IT
courses on the first Macs in the mid-eighties, has dropped Mac support
from its teaching programs, claiming that the cost of Apple hardware
was the reason for the decision (up to 2.5x the cost): "There was
nothing about OSX we didn't like, we just couldn't really afford the
hardware costs." The Australian IT article notes that in contrast, the
University of NSW installed a new Mac lab last year with 20 machines,
primarily for teaching human computer interface (and is also working
on Cocoa software development courses).