> Subject: HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK - ALONE
>
> (I was prompted to send this because my father was taken to hospital
> Thursday morning with this very problem, altho he wasn't alone.)

I'm sorry that happened to your father, and I hope he's getting better.

> I can't confirm the accuracy of this advice but it's better than none at
> all, and whilst we're on the subject - would you remember what to do if
> someone near you is having a heart attack?

[cough CPR while DRIVING chain email]
This is utterly, entirely, completely the wrong thing to do if you think
you're having a heart attack, and a great way to take a bunch of other
motorists with you when you go. It is dangerous advice and it is not
endorsed by the Red Cross or American Heart Association, or any Heart
Foundation that I know of. "Cough CPR" is of extremely limited
usefulness and is only ever appropriate in a monitored ED or ICU setting
with a physician present. See my FAQ entry at:

http://www.tafkac.org/faq2k/medicine_2042.html

Lara