On Thursday, June 05, 2003, at 10:35PM, Shay Telfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Dear members,
>>This is my first cry for help, so please be kind.
>>I have just tried to use "itunes and Music Shop"; with the following result:-
>>after nominating a tune and waiting for the 30seconds of play; what I
>>get is play for 1to 3 seconds
>>then this message in an Network Stalled box "rebuffering stream".
>>then play for another 7 seconds, then same message again, then repeated again.
>>Is my problem, computer speed, modem speed, or Act of God.
>>I have: G4 400, 768MB mem, OS 10.2.6, Quiicktime V6.2, and Itunes V4.
>>My ISP is Optus and they suggest this is an normal occurence with a 56K modem.
>>If this is true does this mean most country residents are unable to
>>utilise this function.
>>
>>Hoping for help, Darrel
>
>Did you read the bit about Itunes Music store not being available in
>your country yet?
>
>As it's not available here chances are the music is being streamed
>from the US, which wouldn't help its performance or reliability.

Coupled with the fact that you are using a 56k modem to start with. I'm sure
Apple would be sending down high quality streams that are designed for
cable/dsl target audience. The record companies would be a bit peeved if the
samples Apple are providing through the iTunes Store were sub-rate, AM quality!

A good test for your connection is to run iTunes, then connect up to the
internet radio section, then pick a 128k stream. See how long you last then, as
that would give you a good indication at what rate Apple are pumping out
samples from the iTunes Music Store.

Seeya

Rod!