Hi All,

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 07:07 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Can somebody tell me or show me with screen shots how to configure
the network and Internet Connect settings (and anything else I need)
for Telstra Broadband.

Look in the Help Folder section of the July Australian MacWorld which detail the operation. Despite what Telstra says, it is possible to get onto broadband with Mac OSX 10.2. Their example was using ADSL via the ethernet connection, so YMMV.

In a nutshell for those who don't have the magazine handy:
1. Make sure any unnecessary network ports such as the internal modem are turned off in the Network pane of System Preferences. To get to this section of the Network pane, choose "Network Port Configuration" in the Show menu, then deselect all but "Built-in ethernet" in the list of displayed ports. 2. Select "Build-in ethernet" from the Show menu, and go to the PPPoE tab and tick the "Connect using PPPoE" checkbox. 3. Enter your ADSL username (in the Account Name field) and your password, and tick the "Save password" checkbox. If you'd like to control the connection via the menu, tick "Show PPPoE status in menu bar" as well. 4. Click on the "PPPoE Options" button, and tick the appropriate options. The screen shot has "Connect automaticallly when needed", "Disconnect when user logs out" and "Send PPP echo packets" ticked, and all the others are not ticked. Click on OK to close the dialog. 5. Click on the TCP/IP tab and make sure the "configure" popup menu has "Using PPP" selected, and make sure the "Search Domains" box has "wa.bigpond.net.au", or "nsw.bigpond.net.au" (etc). Leave the "DNS Servers" box empty.
6. Click "Apply Now", and test the connection by firing up your browser.

Personally I don't use Bigpond, so I don't know if the above is correct, but it looks OK based on what I know of ADSL connection setups.

HTH,
Paul.
--
Paul W. Mulroney Logical Developments