Jeeze. 'Had to edit this a few dozen times ... apologies if it sounds a little
disjointed.

--
If I can't find what I want locally, at a price I believe is compeditive vs
importing it from

I also don't assume that 'mac' retail outlets will be my last avenue for
certain parts
(although they're generally always my first :).

I don't feel bad if I find the gear in a PC store (I wonder if the Abacus part
of the store in
Cannington may have stocked the part Shay needed,). I'm glad the MAC/PC
peripheral
tech is similar enough that I'm able to shop around and get a decent price on
an item.

When I get annoyed that it costs more for some stuff here, or find it here, I
just go for a
ride, or a walk, or a drive, or a swim (if I'm bloody lucky, a sail) ... and
remember there's
some good reasons to live here, which far outweigh the shipping/pricing issues
related
to being the most isolated modern city in the world.

Cheers,

Tobes.