On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 10:38, Neil Houghton wrote:
> on 28/07/03 08:27, Onno Benschop at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Having said that, the problem is that you're mounting the disk in the
> > first place.
>
> Not sure what you mean here - when I said the CD mounts as two volumes, I
> just meant that when the CD is inserted into the drive it shows up on the
> desktop as two separate disk volumes.

You are inserting the disk, an icon appears, the disk is "mounted".
Burning software does not generally "mount" the disk, it reads it
without telling the Finder that there is a new disk to mount.

> I'll check out Toast. Will that also allow me to "see" the hidden PC volume
> (I presume that the PC specific software/files will be on another volume,
> but that this volume is hidden on my iMac).

Likely the answer is yes and no. The software should be able to copy it,
but there is no guarantee, that it will actually make the data visible
in any other way than a line stating: "Here be a PC volume"

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus C1 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..