On Monday, April 12, 2004, at 05:36  PM, Mike Murray wrote:

Yes, in the classic environment, but Pagemaker is sluggish in classic and the pages don't redraw too well, so I often reboot into 9.2
By the way, Pagemaker's been rock solid for me for a long time.
Document is 1.8Mb
256Mb RAM
2 Gb free disc space
Mike

OK !    I don't know Pagemaker at all ... but

1.

There are some funnies sometimes ... I am thinking of word, for example ... where if you save and then later save again you progressively get an increase in file size and an accumulation of all the changes. For Word I would occasionally do a " save as "
which starts afresh in a way.

If you have not already done so , increase the allocated Ram to Pagemaker , delete Pagemaker preferences ( or at least drag them out of your system file to a parking spot )
and reboot.  The system will make new default preferences .

It might give you the chance to get into the file to manipulate it.

2.
Depending on how you use use Classic, you may have an alternative approach ! Under Classic " advanced " there is an option to use "home" preferences, which are the preferences
of the App that were last imported from OS9 x.
You might try there for access ?????

Bob