On 03/05/2004, at 1:17 PM, Onno Benschop wrote:

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 14:25, Matthew Healey wrote:
On 03/05/2004, at 11:14 AM, Adam Hewitt wrote:

Hi All,

Could whoever manages this list make the subject automatically add the list name in front of it, ie. Subject: [WAMUG] List name? I get absolutely
sh*tloads of SPAM and sometimes messages from my lists get tagged as
SPAM
and it makes it very hard to quickly browse my SPAM folder without the
subject modification and all my other lists do it.

Just a thought

Adam.

Just add wamug@wamug.org.au to your address book and your spam filter
should cease marking this list as spam.

Alternatively, create a rule to automatically feed this list to a
specific folder.

This response makes it sound like as if the perfectly reasonable request
from Adam is not possible without actually going so far as to actually
state that.

Well yes that is the case.

It is possible to configure a pre-fix or suffix on the subject line, however I never felt the need to implement them as my mail program is correctly configured to sort mailing lists before applying spam filters.

I guess we could do a quick poll to see what the users want.

- Matt