Hi Antony,

Have you tried re-saving the file as an Illustrator CS eps after ungrouping
any paths you can find in the file? The problem sounds a little like the
original eps file has it's own grouping/cropping/masking tech separate to
Illustrators, which can cause print problems (Used to get it with Freehand
eps files all the time, Although Illustrator CS seems to hande them better
IMHO).

Mark's right, InDesign CS can now take Illustrator and Photoshop files in
their native format, but there are still occasional issues when exporting to
PDF (among other thing's, Illustrator's font engine doesn't always play nice
with InDesigns') - as mentioned earlier, the PDF file generated features
transparency that's a little too advanced for most RIPs.

You can try running it through Acrobat professional PDF pre-flighting tool,
but you're probably better off sticking with eps files, and keeping it
vector based if possible.

If you haven't been able to fix it yet mail me a copy and I'll have a
squizz; might be able to assist.

Cheers,
Tobes.

P.S. Had an amazing issue with a powerpoint presentation that was 362kb in
it's native format, 168meg in it's Apple generated PDF format, then 1meg
after Acrobat's 'reduce file size' command. Weird.