On 8/6/04 5:04 PM, "Antony N. Lord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I could have sworn I read (on the WAMUG) list a few days ago a thread
> regarding changes to eligibility for educational discounts (and
> warranty periods) on Mac hardware purchases.
>
> After much hunting I can't seem to find any references.
>
> In short my questions are
>
> * Who qualifies? In my case I'm a UWA graduate but I'm not sure if
> this alone qualifies me. My father is a ECU lecturer - I don't know
> if this helps. Apple.com.au doesn't seem particularly helpful in
> spelling out who qualifies.
A lecturer, University campus, Tafe campus or current Uni or TAFE student
are entitled to EDU prices. The changes in system, are to the warranty's
given. Individuals from 28th june only receive 1 year. University's and Tafe
still get a 3 yr.

> * Do all the Apple Resellers support (the same?) educational pricing?
All prices will be exactly the same. Apple are selling the item and reseller
gets a agent commission.

> * Anyone know if you can use a Resellers finance option (RentSmart
> etc) in conjunction with educational pricing?

A reseller can bill a finance company with delivery to the student.

Tim Gardner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Artref Pty Ltd
614 Hay Street