I suggest you start with Java and then C++. C and C++ differ a lot and
mostly share the syntax. Starting with Java has lot of other benefits as
well.

1.) Simpler language
2.) Memory management
3.) Object Orientated
4.) Well documented / Good support material
5.) Right Standard library for most tasks
6.) Platform independent

On Java I can recommend :
-Thinking In JAVA : Available as PDF online
-Also have a look at http://solms.co.za. They have a bunch of course
material to download for free. (Registration required)

On C++ I can recommend :
-Thining in C++ : Also available as PDF.

I hope this helps
Alex