The Belkin and MS keyboards have 2-3 AA or AAA batteries and are supposed to
last a few months.  That's pretty much what we've experienced.  It's very
useful having the keyboard and mouse on the coffee table in the lounge to
control the "Entertainment" Mac.  The other wireless keyboard works great in
the lectern at our local church to control the Mac driving the video
projector when a speaker wants to change powerpoint slides themselves from
up the front.

In answer to Peter's question about the command (Apple) key - there is
plenty of freeware/shareware software available that maps it to either the
Windows key and or swaps the Windows key with the alt key (or just about any
other combination).  The software that comes with the MS keyboard also
allows you to map the keys wherever you wish and set up the Music key to
launch iTunes, picture key -> iPhoto etc.

By default without any extra software both keyboards correctly map the
volume keys and if I recall correctly the next song & previous song keys to
work in iTunes (when iTunes is running).  I haven't been able to get the
extra multimedia buttons on the cheap Belkin keyboard to map to iTunes,
Safari and iPhoto unfortunately, but the MS s/w does it perfectly well on
the MS keyboard.

-Mart
Martin Hill
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]