Steven

You could check out the current issue of Australian Macworld which has about a 4 page article on how to do exactly what you are asking.

Daniel F.

On 16 Aug 2004, at 13:49, Steven wrote:

If I had a PC, then the solution appears to be
<http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process? Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=
144533>.

However I use a 1.5GHz PowerBook 17" running OS X 10.3.5.

I have numerous hours of VHS home video which, for reasons of longevity and storage, I'd like to transfer to DVD. I guess I could copy the VHS footage to MiniDV tapes using my Sony HandyCam, but that would surely get tedious.

I presume I need to buy some kind of hardware interface between my VCR
player and the PowerBook in order to use the PowerBook's DVD burning
capability. Could someone please tell me what options are available?

Many thanks...Steven