On 25/11/04 12:08 PM, "Rod" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 25/11/04 11:09 AM, "Matthew Healey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> You will be glad to know that Myer MegaMart now have it on good
>> authority that BigPond Music now works with the Mac.
>>
>> The back page of their catalogue has a nice photo of an iMac G5 running
>> an iTunes visualization in iChat. Pointing towards this is a big sign
>> saying "Best For Downloaders. Check out www.bigpondmusic.com for MP3
>> downloads starting at just 99c per song."
>>
>> It's good to know that BigPond have finally given up on using Windows
>> Media files and the soul-crushing Digital Restriction Management
>> software.
>>
>> WAY TO GO MYER AND BIGPOND!!!!
>>
>> (Kudos to Apple for giving such a competent and meticulous organization
>> such as MYER the privilege to sell Macs, whilst keeping the unwashed
>> and ignorant consultants at bay.)
>>

> Go Matt!  I was kind of surprised that Apple are going back to the model
> that served them so poorly in the 90s with Myer.  Does anyone know if there
> are Apple Consultants at Megamart, like the ones they have at DJs?
>
> In one way its great that Apple are getting the brand out to even more
> locations, but I just hope it doesn't backfire in a big way.  It wouldn't be
> hard for a PC manufacturer such as HP to offer inducements to the sales
> monkey on the floor to sell a PC over a Mac.  The same type of inducements
> work very well for companies like Flexirent, who thrive on sales staff who
> offer Flexirent over cash/credit.
>
> I just realised what is also funny about that ad - you download WMA files,
> not MP3s :-)
>
> Seeya
>
> Rod!

Nextbyte have actually bitten back too.  Check out their latest in the Dec
Macworld.  In the ad it says "No dishwashers. No Kitchen Dept. No baby
clothes.  Just Macs!"  And they found a use for the white space under the
screen on a G5 ;-)

When you think about it, putting Macs in department stores will greatly
benefits stores like Digilife, who advertise heavily.  When people need
service or third party stuff for their Macs, they will go to the store that
does advertise.  So everyone wins.

Well, I *hope* that was Apple's thinking.....

Seeya

Rod!