Rob Davies wrote:

3/ I would then recommend a revisit of said scripts for Spam Assassin utilising above information or other software that one uses for the filtering of email.

Another trick I have used with spasmodic results is to BOUNCE the email.

Please don't do this.

A lot of spam fakes the From: address. All you'll be doing is annoying others with false bounces. Even if the bounce does reach the spammer, the chances are they'll just ignore the bounce and keep on mailing you anyway. As many (most?) phishing attacks try to trick you into visiting a website, chances are the From: address is either fake or the address of a legit user with nothing to do with the scam.

Also consider disabling HTML message display in your email client. That should prevent messages from including fake links and all sorts of other nasties.

--
Craig Ringer