On 24/02/2005, at 10:41 AM, Michael Schmidt wrote:

Hello!

I have a 7 year old G4/500mHZ with a 25GB HD. The amount of space
available is shrinking fast with music and image files - I have about 4G
left.

I was wondering what solutions would be available to me. I will purchase
a G5 (probably an iMac) later this year, probably when there's a new
model.

ATA hard drives are so inexpensive these days, why not just install an extra one inside your G4? It's very easy to do, will solve your storage problem for the interim until you get your new computer, and (slightly) increase the value of your G4 if you want to sell it.

Or, you could just hang onto it and put it into an external Firewire box when the time comes.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913