On 25 Feb 2005, at 10:13 AM, Shay Telfer wrote:

I thought files ( as in documents ) just copied when you dragged them from one drive to another ! ?

In which case permissions would have nothing to do with it ! ?

If you don't have permission to read the files, you can't copy them.

Select the iPhoto pictures folder, do a Get Info in the Finder, then change the permissions, copying them to all the enclosed folders. You should then be able to drag them to the new drive.

You could do it in the Terminal using CpMac, but you could probably also do it with a nicer interface using SuperDuper

<http://www.shirtpocket.com/>

Although you'll have to register in order to authenticate before copying.

Oh come on Shay, what about the old Linux favourite mc (Midnight Commander) works a treat once compiled?

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the