Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I'm running 10.3.8 on an eMac.

Following the previous posts in this thread and I have searched for a file
called httpd.conf and a folder called httpd or etc with a nil return for any
of them.

Does this mean something is not installed as it should be??

I've put my own index.html file into Library/WebServer/Documents but still
get the default Apache page when I click on http://localhost/ in the System
Preferences Sharing screen. Same goes when I put my own index.html page in
the sites folder.

When I click refresh at http://localhost/ in my browser I get a denied
access error page 403.

Yes, I've turned on Personal Web Sharing.

I'm running broadband through Highway1 with a fixed IP address and had hoped
to be able to serve my website from my eMac.

Thanks
Tim