On 26/02/2005, at 2:12 PM, James Devenish wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 12:30:21PM +0800, Robert Howells wrote:
But it does need OSX 10.3.5 according to the System Requirements !

Excludes me !   My 10.3.4 is not Broke , so I have not fixed it !

While it is true, as you have stated, that 10.3.4 does not have any
financial troubles, versions 10.3.5 through 10.3.8 including many
important changes like the following:

 - Repairs three or four flaws in Safari that allow websites to
   masquerade as other websites (e.g. impersonate a banking or
   commerce website).
 - Solves two problems with the display of web/e-mail graphics and
   QuickTime that could cause programmes to either crash or give access
   to remote attackers.
- Solves "a kernel panic that could occur when dialing or connecting to
   your ISP via your internal Apple modem" or "when using an external,
   wireless USB broadband modem" (Apple's words).
 - Addresses DNS-related slowness in Safari and Mail.
 - Solves many risks associated with Personal Web Sharing.

That is all probably TRUE ..............  HOWEVER
If you have a spare hour or so to spend you could go and peruse various problems other
people have experienced with the various updates following 10.3.4  : -
Start here : -  <http://www.macintouch.com/panreader37.html>

through to :-   <http://www.macintouch.com/panreader55.html>

Actually I was going to try out 10.3.8 but the combo download I received was flawed
and would not make an Installer.  Checksum did not add up !

Have fun

Bob