Navid Mavaddat wrote:

I was wondering if anyone was aware of a way to create a 'virtual folder' over multiple drives. My itunes folder is in excess of 170GB (lossless compressed from my CD collection) and soon it will be larger than the 200GB drive.

I am considering getting a 250GB drive, but I can see this will only ultimately be an interim measure. If I could span over multiple drives this would save much hassle. Currently I can't consolidate the library. I tried relocating 50GB off the drive, but it still wouldn't let me consolidate it.

Without actually having done this, you should be able to create a raid array from multiple drives, then stick your iTunes folder on the new raid volume. (And you get redundancy for free :-)

I'm not sure how much you know about how this works, but at a system level you can combine multiple drives into one logical volume, that shows up as one place to store stuff. This is what geeks with too much time on their hands did when they created a raid array on floppy disks and across several iPods.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]