If all you want to do is backup a non encrypted DVD you can use Apple's
inbuilt Disk Utility to make a disk image of the original DVD then you can
easily burn single or multiple copies of the image. Solution Free!

If you have Toast Titanium (commercial) you can do the same plus a lot more.

If the original disk is double layer and your burner isn't you can reduce
the size and burn using Popcorn or DVD2One both are commercial.

Not that I'm condoning it but DVDBackup (freeware) can be run first on DVD
to create unencrypted version, minus copy protection as well as being able
to set region eg 0 so it plays on any system no matter what country your in.

There are also multiple programs capable of converting media from one format
to another if you want to back up different quality versions eg VCD, SVCD,
AVI, DivX, MPEG2 etc.

Between these tools you should be able to do anything you could on your old
PC.

All the best
Greg