Rob Phillips wrote:

You need to set the printer sharing up to login to the Windows machine before printing will work. I can't remember what magic I used to do this. You could try http://127.0.0.1:631/ but the printers part of this doesn't work for me at the minute.

I will be unable to print until the LaserJet 4MV is repaired. I am told that Windows XP will not use AppleTalk post Service Pack 2 and my AsanteTalk Adaptor which connects the Typhoon 8 doesn't do TCP/IP.

I tried to print to my Firewire Epson 2100 but got into all sorts of trouble. The driver I got from Epson, which is supposedly for Windows 2000 and XP, was rejected by the wizard because it does not have some 'seal of approval' but it did not tell me this and used another driver. The documents I tried to print are lost in hyper-space, I can't cancel them and it keeps re-trying. I then set up the printer using the Epson Utility, which uses the correct driver and sets it to LPT1 saying it can be changed to a network printer later. But I can't find out how to change this, I need to specify a new port but I can't get the syntax right!

Paul wrote:
I have found that using Sharepoints on Macs helps make sure all is right there, just to make sure.
It helps keep you at a safe distance from the permissions too.
As a rule windoze is nearly always to blame but dont get caught thinking it always is ;)
Firewall software on the PC (which you should have!) might need checking too.

I have downloaded Sharepoints and I'll give it a go. I had checked the Windows Firewall but maybe I should try turning it off temporarily.

Thanks for your help.

Diana