Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

I have downloaded Sharepoints and I'll give it a go. I had checked the Windows Firewall but maybe I should try turning it off temporarily.

I personally don't like Windows' own firewall.
It gives little or no control over it to the user, hmm am I detecting a pattern there? I don't think I could trust it to not phone home either, as Bill Gates has shifty eyes I reckon.

Try ZoneAlarm.

Adding to another poster's comments, I too have encountered "Windows Sharing" inexplicably unticked before too, not happy Steve! Not to mention the time that the Workgroup setting would not stick till I fresh-installed Panther :(

Good Luck
Paul

...when she's good she's very very good, but when she's bad she's horrid... (children's rhyme)